Porinju Veliyath latest stock pick Palash Securities

Here we track the latest buys and sales and portfolios of famous investors
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Porinju Veliyath latest stock pick Palash Securities

Post by Pee Vee »

Porinju holds 100949 shares of Palash Securities comprising 1.0092% of the equity as of 5th August 2017.

This appears to be the latest stock pick.

Palash Securities was incorporated on 23rd March 2015 with the main objects of carrying on businesses related to investments, packaged food items, and professional services and pursuant to business realignment upon approval of the Composite Scheme of Arrangement by the regulatory authorities whereby business of food processing and investment business undertaking of The Oudh Sugar Mills Ltd shall be housed in the Company.

Sri Chandra Shekhar Nopany, is the Chairman and is the driving force behind the Company and is assisted by team of well qualified and experienced executives headed by Mr C B Patodia.

Pursuant to the Scheme the Food Processing business of the Company The Oudh Sugar Mills Ltd shall be transferred to Allahabad Canning Ltd, thereby leaving only the investment business of the Company. The Investment business comprises of investment in the following subsidiaries viz.

i. Allahabad Canning Ltd
ii. Hargaon Investment & Trading Company Limited
iii. OSM Investment & Trading Company Limited
iv. Champaran Marketing Ltd
v. Hargaon Properties Ltd

The first three being wholly owned subsidiaries of the Company and are registered NBFC with RBI and primarily engaged in investment activity in various market and other securities, and whereas Hargaon Properties Ltd is a step down subsidiary engaged in investment of properties. Allahabad Canning Ltd would be engaged in the Food Processing Business thereby producing all types of Canned Fruits & Vegetables, Jams Jellies, Marmalades, Juices, Tomato Ketchup/Puree/Sauce, Vegetable Sauces, Squashes, Breakfast cereals like cornflakes, chocos, white oats etc.
valuepicker

Re: Porinju Veliyath latest stock pick Palash Securities

Post by valuepicker »

This company has no revenue in Q1 and some losses posted. I don't understand logic behind buying this stock.. Am I missing something?
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Post by Pee Vee »

valuepicker wrote:This company has no revenue in Q1 and some losses posted. I don't understand logic behind buying this stock.. Am I missing something?
There was a demerger and so the figures are not comparable. Palash Securities is a play on food processing which is a lucrative business.
anandsjn

Post by anandsjn »

WHAT IS THE PROOOF. I DONT FIND ANYWHERE PORINJU BUY NEWS. ALSO CHECKED ANNUAL REPORT AND SHP AND BULK DEALS.
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Post by Pee Vee »

anandsjn wrote:WHAT IS THE PROOOF. I DONT FIND ANYWHERE PORINJU BUY NEWS. ALSO CHECKED ANNUAL REPORT AND SHP AND BULK DEALS.
The Company has issued an announcement of the list of shareholders which shows Porinju's name in it.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/repo ... 36541.html
valuepicker

Post by valuepicker »

Pee Vee wrote:
valuepicker wrote:This company has no revenue in Q1 and some losses posted. I don't understand logic behind buying this stock.. Am I missing something?
There was a demerger and so the figures are not comparable. Palash Securities is a play on food processing which is a lucrative business.
Isn't it strange to name demerged entity in food processing as Palash securities?
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Post by Pee Vee »

valuepicker wrote:
Pee Vee wrote:
Isn't it strange to name demerged entity in food processing as Palash securities?
The food processing division is in a subsidiary called Allahabad Canning Ltd. They have a large number of products:

"Welcome to Allahabad Canning Company

The Morton brand is owned by Oudh sugar mills limited and has been registered in the Country since 1947. In 2000, the Morton Brand has been purchased by The Oudh Sugar Mills Limited - Registered office - Hargaon-261121, Sitapur (U.P). Allahabad Canning Company was established in 1959 by one of the largest and dynamic industrial group of “Dr K.K.Birla”. It is a Unit of large and reputed Public Limited Company, Messrs The Oudh Sugar Mills Limited. Shri C.S.Nopany is the Chairman cum Managing Director. Board of Directors consists of eminent personalities of India. Day to day operations are managed by team of professional Managers under the leadership of Shri C.B.Patodia.

Allahabad Canning Company is producing all types of Canned Fruits & Vegetables, Jams, Jellies, Tomato products and Cereals. The Production is carried out under strict hygienic condition & under the supervision of qualified food technologists.

Allahabad Canning Company having an area of 53486.58 Sq.mtr. is located at Bamrauli which is on the outskirts of the city of Allahabad.

We have 32 depots - servicing 910 distributors with strong sales team.
"

http://www.mortonindia.com/

"Manufacturer of gems, juices, jelly, sauce and pineapple tin.The Morton brand is owned by Oudh sugar mills limited and has been registered in the Country since 1947. In 2000, the Morton Brand has been purchased by The Oudh Sugar Mills Limited"

https://www.indiamart.com/allahabadcanning/