Porinju Veliyath Recommends Indian Hotels, Royal Orchid, Tata Global Etc

Here we track the latest buys and sales and portfolios of famous investors
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Porinju Veliyath Recommends Indian Hotels, Royal Orchid, Tata Global Etc

Post by Pee Vee »

Indian Hotels, Royal Orchid

Porinju Veliyath shared his outlook for the hotel industry. “The hotels had a bad time in the last decade, I would say. They are now coming up. Companies like Indian Hotels or there are some mid-level companies like Royal Orchid. After decades of underperformance, some of these started moving. These are well-placed to create wealth in the next 5-6 years time.”

New IPOs

The new IPOs coming up and it’s going to be in the future also, are mostly quality companies which are very unlikely to cheat investors.” The expert pointed out that in the 80s and 90s, people lost faith in equities as many fraudulent companies entered the market. “Lot of investors are scared to invest in equity due to this IPO fraud in the 80s and 90s in India. Now that is changing. The regulators are very strict and companies are behaving more responsibly.

Infra stocks

Infrastructure space is slated to see unprecedented growth. In the same conversation he said, “Infrastructure is something I have been talking. The way government is envisaging projects, there are tremendous opportunities.” Highlighting the opportunities, he said, “We are too underdeveloped as an economy in the infrastructure space. We have 1,300 million people living in the country, but infrastructure is available only for 20%.”

There maybe a few L&Ts in the making. L&T has a market capitalisation of more than 1,64,000 crores. Porinju believes that currently, there are at least 2-3 large companies in the sector, which have the potential to reach the 1 lakh crores market capitalisation figure in the next decade.

Some companies are sure survivors. They are going to do really well, especially if the promoters are capable guys, and have got execution capabilities. A survivor balance sheet and execution capabilities, these are two key terms. Some infra companies can go 5, 10 and 20 times. There are many L&Ts to be made in that sector in India.

Nifty at 12,000

Porinju Veliyath is bullish on the prospects of domestic markets and predicts that the Nifty could touch 12,000 by next Onam (August 2018). That’s not all, he says that the investors could look at a return of 30-40% in the next one year.

Its very difficult to predict, because of saturated business in the composition of Nifty and Sensex. I used to predict it as there is no other way to make people bullish. Nifty can be 12,000; but investors can easily make 40% return.

Tata Chemicals, Tata Global Beverage and Tata Coffee

Tata Global Beverage is witnessing changes as the group realized that they have to focus on business. “The Group will now be looking for the next Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and JLR that could come from its consumer business. So, I am bullish on Tata Chemicals, Tata Global and Tata Coffee.

http://www.financialexpress.com/market/ ... ar/856196/

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busine ... 88669.html
silam

Re: Porinju Veliyath Recommends Indian Hotels, Royal Orchid, Tata Global Etc

Post by silam »

Thanks for sharing the info.
Can we invest in Royal Orchid ??

Porinju Sir suggested Everest industries and I have invested a little. Now he tweeted about tesla solar roof and Everest is in discussion with a French company for solar roof.
Also it is talking to other companies as well regarding the solar roof.

Can I invest more in Everest industries
i.e 10% of my total investment?
Currently I have invested 5%.

Thanks a ton for your valuable time
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Post by Pee Vee »

silam wrote:Thanks for sharing the info.
Can we invest in Royal Orchid ??

Porinju Sir suggested Everest industries and I have invested a little. Now he tweeted about tesla solar roof and Everest is in discussion with a French company for solar roof.
Also it is talking to other companies as well regarding the solar roof.

Can I invest more in Everest industries
i.e 10% of my total investment?
Currently I have invested 5%.

Thanks a ton for your valuable time
Both companies, Royal Orchid and Everest Industries, are excellent companies with good and reputed management and track record. Both stocks are investment worthy and one can invest on a SIP basis.
silam

Post by silam »

Thanks for the advice. /\