KRBL FANTASTIC COMPANY BOUGHT BY THE PABRAI INVESTMENT FUND IV LP

Here we track the latest buys and sales and portfolios of famous investors
SUMIT GHEI

KRBL FANTASTIC COMPANY BOUGHT BY THE PABRAI INVESTMENT FUND IV LP

Postby SUMIT GHEI » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Basmati rice to be India’s top export commodity. There are many countries that grow basmati rice domestically, however, India accounts for about two-thirds of the global supply.

In 2016, India, the world's top rice exporter, shipped more than 40,00,000 MT of basmati rice accounting for more than 40% of the worlds exports. The total export value was over $6 billion in 2016. The data for 2017 is still not yet released, but the export value is expected to grow at the rate of 11% for the next 5 years.

Below is the list of top 10 Rice exporters from India.

KRBL
Kohinoor
Lal Qilla
Dawaat
ACJK Exports
Veer Overseas Exports
L.T Foods
RiceofIndia
D.D International

DEC 17 SHAREHOLDING PATTERN [size=200] ANIL GOEL + SEEMA GOEL HOLD APPROX 5 % OF COMPANY
[/size]
https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/shp ... ber%202017

bulk deal

12 Feb 2018 THE PABRAI INVESTMENT FUND II LP P 2400000 594.00
12 Feb 2018 THE PABRAI INVESTMENT FUND IV LP P 4018491 594.00

Pee Vee
Site Admin

Re: KRBL FANTASTIC COMPANY BOUGHT BY THE PABRAI INVESTMENT FUND IV LP

Postby Pee Vee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:40 am

SUMIT GHEI wrote:Basmati rice to be India’s top export commodity. There are many countries that grow basmati rice domestically, however, India accounts for about two-thirds of the global supply.

In 2016, India, the world's top rice exporter, shipped more than 40,00,000 MT of basmati rice accounting for more than 40% of the worlds exports. The total export value was over $6 billion in 2016. The data for 2017 is still not yet released, but the export value is expected to grow at the rate of 11% for the next 5 years.

Below is the list of top 10 Rice exporters from India.

KRBL
Kohinoor
Lal Qilla
Dawaat
ACJK Exports
Veer Overseas Exports
L.T Foods
RiceofIndia
D.D International

DEC 17 SHAREHOLDING PATTERN [size=200] ANIL GOEL + SEEMA GOEL HOLD APPROX 5 % OF COMPANY
[/size]
https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/shp ... ber%202017

bulk deal

12 Feb 2018 THE PABRAI INVESTMENT FUND II LP P 2400000 594.00
12 Feb 2018 THE PABRAI INVESTMENT FUND IV LP P 4018491 594.00

Excellent news. Thanks for the info.

valuepicker

Postby valuepicker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Mohnish Pabrai invests only in stocks which can become 10x. His track record is excellent with all his 6 picks doing extraordinarily well. KBRL looks expensive but if picked by Pabrai you can blindly follow. This will be a great compounder.

Pee Vee
Site Admin

Postby Pee Vee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

valuepicker wrote:Mohnish Pabrai invests only in stocks which can become 10x. His track record is excellent with all his 6 picks doing extraordinarily well. KBRL looks expensive but if picked by Pabrai you can blindly follow. This will be a great compounder.

I agree. KRBL is not a cheap stock. Not sure if it can become even 5x in 5 years.

psyaap

Postby psyaap » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Pee Vee wrote:I agree. KRBL is not a cheap stock. Not sure if it can become even 5x in 5 years.

Yeah P/E is at 33, P/B is almost 8. P/E is much higher than their closest competitor, LT Foods which is at 21. But then again the investor is Mohnish Pabrai.

Have any of you had a deeper look into the financials of the company?

Pee Vee
Site Admin

Postby Pee Vee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 pm

psyaap wrote:
Pee Vee wrote:I agree. KRBL is not a cheap stock. Not sure if it can become even 5x in 5 years.

Yeah P/E is at 33, P/B is almost 8. P/E is much higher than their closest competitor, LT Foods which is at 21. But then again the investor is Mohnish Pabrai.

Have any of you had a deeper look into the financials of the company?

This may be more than just the financials. Perhaps a spur in demand for Basmati rice in foreign countries or a foray into ready-made snacks and savories etc may accelerate growth prospects. I think the investors' presentation may throw some light on the future prospects of KRBL.

valuepicker

Postby valuepicker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:04 am

LT foods is not owned by Mohnish Pabrai.. Where did you get information about Pabrai buying LT foods?

psyaap

Postby psyaap » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 pm

valuepicker wrote:LT foods is not owned by Mohnish Pabrai.. Where did you get information about Pabrai buying LT foods?

I never said that. Read carefully.

psyaap

Postby psyaap » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Pee Vee wrote:This may be more than just the financials. Perhaps a spur in demand for Basmati rice in foreign countries or a foray into ready-made snacks and savories etc may accelerate growth prospects. I think the investors' presentation may throw some light on the future prospects of KRBL.

Yeah this is definitely a growth play. Maybe he thinks they have a strong brand building capability to go along with it. I always thought that LT Foods had stronger brands as compared to KRBL but I guess that's not true.

Srilata Rao

Postby Srilata Rao » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:59 pm

I also feel LT Foods is better bet than KRBL. It is also smaller company. ADF Foods is also a good stock in the packaged foods sector.

Return to “Portfolios Of Famous Investors”