Vijay Kedia portfolio update for 2017-2018 - Gain of 180%

Here we track the latest buys and sales and portfolios of famous investors
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Vijay Kedia portfolio update for 2017-2018 - Gain of 180%

Post by Pee Vee »

Vijay Kedia pared his holding in almost 40 percent of the stocks in his portfolio for the quarter ended September 2017, and added 1 stock to his portfolio.

Almost 11 out of 12 stocks in Vijay Kedia's portfolio where shareholding exceeds 1 percent in the companies for the September quarter gave positive returns.

ABC Bearings rose up to 183 percent, followed by Everest Industries which gained 147 percent, Repro India gained 101 percent, and Vaibhav Global rose 137 percent so far in the year 2017.

“My cost price for Vaibhav Global is much lower than the currently quoted price. As on today, I intend to hold for another 5 to 10 years and expect handsome returns,” said Kedia.

He further added that ABC is merging with Timken which is a multinational and a conglomerate, although it is a bit expensive.

Vijay Kedia, MD, Kedia Securities who has been part of D-Street for the last 28 years, added one stock to his portfolio in the September quarter while increased his stake marginally in another.

Kedia added Everest Industries to his portfolio and increased his stake in Cheviot Company. He reduced his stake in 5 out of 12 companies in which he holds more than 1 percent which include names like ABC Bearings, Sudarshan Chemicals, TCPL Packaging, Repro India, and Cera Sanitary.

“Everest was added 3-month ago. The main reason for adding Everest was the product which the company produces,” said Kedia. “It is used in villages, towns and metropolitan cities. It touches the lives of lower, middle and upper classes of the society,” he said.

Kedia maintained his stake in 5 out of 12 companies which include names like Panasonic Energy, Apcotex Industries, Karnataka Bank, Aries Agro, and Vaibhav Global.

With regard to the future outlook for his portfolio, Vijay Kedia said that all stocks would multiply manifold in the next few years. Because, a majority of them are from the consumption theme. And, in my view, this theme, in general, will keep on flourishing for many decades to come.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busine ... 27865.html