Ramesh Damani Latest Stock Picks Portfolio (2018)

Here we track the latest buys and sales and portfolios of famous investors
Srilata Rao

Ramesh Damani Latest Stock Picks Portfolio (2018)

Post by Srilata Rao »

Latest stock pick of Ramesh Damani

Ramesh Damani latest stock pick is Quick Heal Techonologies, the maker of anti-virus software. Ramesh Damani’s name features among individual shareholders having more than 1 percent stake in . His stake stands at 1.06 percent as on Dec. 31.

SRG Housing Finance is Latest stock pick of Ramesh Damani. He holds 111,000 shares of SRG Housing Finance which were allotted to him pursuant to a preferential offer in February 2017.

SRG Housing Finance

Loan book at 125 cr as of Sep 2017

Has set out ambitious targets

*FY2020e 500cr
*FY2022e 1000cr

Promoter increased stake to 61.57% as of Dec 2017
Ramesh S Damani HUF holds a mere 0.85%

Latest Portfolio of Ramesh Damani

Stock Name Quantity Held Holding Percent Holding Value (Rs.)

TV Today Network Limited 869,686 1.46% 39.21 Cr
Quick Heal Technologies Limited 744,079 1.06% 27.12 Cr

Holding of Ramesh Damani in Uniply Industries Limited and Mandhana Retail Ventures Ltd as in December 2017 is not known because he has reduced shareholding in these stocks to below 1%.

Ramesh damani tells us this is as good as any other time to stay invested in the market, there is value now in the larger caps compared to midcaps.

Ramesh damani tells @CNBCTV18Live this market is not topping out anytime soon.

Stock recommendations of Ramesh Damani

We are looking at affordable housing, airlines, quick service restaurants and gaming stocks. If you are looking more for year to year view, I would suggest you look at OMCs. They are fairly cheap. The earnings trajectory is good. Their dividend yield is good. It is good for the next couple of years. I would look at those stocks. But if you want to build a portfolio, if you are a young person, you are 20 years old and you want to build a portfolio for your retirement when you are 50; if want to plan for your child’s education when he is 25, I think the four sectors I mentioned are immune to technological threats.

A lot of the businesses I am very scared about because of artificial intelligence, internet of operations, robotics would take us into uncharted territories. But these businesses seem relatively immune to technological threat. As I suggested those are the four sectors that seem very promising from a decade’s perspective.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ma ... 151114.cms

The QSR space -- that has been your big bet and that is paying off now.

A: It is. The results that came in from, one of them was very heartening. Let us see how the other one does also. However, these are good long term stories, these are stocks – if you go back and see what stocks have compounded – say Gruh Finance which I owned, just saying as a matter of reference, it has compounded for so many years 25-30 percent, I think the QSR will do the same over the next 10-15 years period because the inherent attractiveness of the business as we move from unorganised to organised, people wanting access to clean hygienic food, so, I think these are long terms stories. They have rewarded us in the short run, that is good enough, but I think they still have a long way to go perhaps.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busine ... 89045.html
valuepicker

Re: Ramesh Damani Latest Stock Picks Portfolio (2018)

Post by valuepicker »

Is SRG finance looking to be a compounder. It has corrected a bit Is it a good level to enter or one should wait for more correction?
valuepicker

Post by valuepicker »

Looks like Ramesh Damani has exited SRG finance..Is there a trouble with this company?
Srilata Rao

Post by Srilata Rao »

Ramesh Damani tips on how to grow your portfolio to Rs 100 crore

Ramesh Damani outlined his investment philosophy on how to buy stocks.

Do not buy in the red: Discussing the stock market crash of 1992, Damani said he used the time to develop his investment philosophy. "I read very carefully that for example you don't buy stocks that have gone down a lot in bear market, because you know they would tend to fall even more.

Spot great ideas: Recalling his first major trade, Damani outlined the importance of spotting good stocks. He cited the example of CMC Ltd -- which later merged with TCS -- a public sector company that saw first round of divestment in 1992. The stocks were available at around Rs 10-15 a piece. The company had developed Indian Railways' reservation and ticketing system, revolutionising the experience. Despite, few people opting for the stock, Damani purchased heavily and it eventually went up to Rs 800 a share within a year.

Stick with your investment: Echoing Warren Buffett’s idea of value investing and highlighting the power of compounding, Damani said if an investor is doubling his investment every three year, eventually, in 30 years, it would be 1000 times. “Suppose you start with Rs 10 lakh and double your money every three years over 30 year period, Rs 10 lakh become Rs 100 crore. So that's a phenomenal amount of money to have.

Being a contrarian: Again echoing Buffett’s principle of being greedy when others are not, Damani said a good investor is not afraid of placing bets even if the market says otherwise. “It is the art of good value investing, to be a contrarian. A lot of the picks when we bought was not met with popularity in the market. So that's part of the game, I mean, if you are scared to be contrarian you will probably not going to be a good value investor.

Every Bull market must make you richer and powerful: Talking about learning from every market crash, Damani said, “I think each Bull market I have learnt something and in the next Bull market implement these lessons and become stronger. But the underlying lessons in all of this is buying great businesses and double your money every 3 years. If you do these two things right I think you are well ahead of the game.

What is a great business? A great business is one that has some pricing power. If they can't raise prices or they have to pray to god before they have to raise prices, it is not a great business.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 851-6.html
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Post by Pee Vee »

Any stock that Ramesh Damani has bought recently? I think SRG housing was his last major pick.
TheDhandoTrader

Post by TheDhandoTrader »

Ramesh Damani does figure in shareholder list now.
Pee Vee
Site Admin

Post by Pee Vee »

TheDhandoTrader wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:47 am Ramesh Damani does figure in shareholder list now.
Thanks for the info.